Yearly Archives: 2009

/2009

Retirement of CFO

December 10th, 2009|Uncategorized|

From Paul Ebdale, CEO CFO and founding investor Keith Brooks has decided to retire from Mitra Energy Limited and consequently stepped down from the board of directors with effect from 10th December 2009. Keith's contribution to the company has been considerable, and we wish Keith every success as he now focuses on his golf, family and [...]

Dabakan-1 exploration well spudded

October 11th, 2009|Philippines|

The exploration well, Dabakan-1 was spudded at 03:00 today in SC-56, deepwater Sandakan Basin using West Aquarius drilling rig. The well is located in water depth of 1,821 metres (5,974 feet), which is the deepest of any exploration well ever drilled in the Philippines. Total depth of the well is prognosed to be approximately 5000 metres, [...]

West Aquarius rig mobilising to Philippines block SC 56

October 1st, 2009|Philippines|

Mitra Energy (Philippines SC-56) Limited, together with joint venture partners ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Philippines B.V. (operator) and BHP Billiton Petroleum (International Exploration) Pty Ltd today received the West Aquarius rig for mobilisation to Philippines block SC 56 in deepwater Sandakan Basin. Drilling operations on the first exploration well, Dabakan-1, are expected to commence in around [...]

Approved assignment of 25% interest in block SC 56

September 17th, 2009|Uncategorized|

The Department of Energy of Republic of the Philippines today approved assignment of 25% interest in block SC 56 from Mitra Energy (Philippines SC-56) Limited to BHP Billiton Petroleum (International Exploration) Pty Ltd. Revised participating interests in SC 56 are now: ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Philippines B.V. 50% (operator), Mitra Energy (Philippines SC-56) Limited 25%, BHP [...]

Mitra Energy complete 2D seismic survey over Blocks 19 & 20, offshore Vietnam

August 29th, 2009|Vietnam|

Mitra Energy Limited (Mitra), together with partners Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC) and Singapore Petroleum Corporation (SPC) have completed a combined 2D seismic survey over Blocks 19 & 20, offshore Vietnam on 29th August 2009. The survey, which commenced on 16th June 2009, successfully acquired 3,010 and 1,589 line kilometres of full fold 2D seismic [...]

Mitra Energy signs Production Sharing Contracts

August 21st, 2009|Vietnam|

Hanoi Vietnam - Mitra Energy Limited (MEL) is pleased to announce that it has today signed two Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs) with Petrovietnam (PVN) for offshore Blocks 19 & 20 through its subsidiary companies Mitra Energy (Vietnam Phu Quy) Pte Ltd and Mitra Energy (Vietnam Rang Dong) Pte Ltd. The blocks are located in the Western [...]

Approval of BHP Billiton’s farm-in to Blocks 28 & 29/03, offshore Vietnam

August 19th, 2009|Vietnam|

Vietnamese Governmental approval of BHP Billiton’s (BHPB’s) farm-in to Blocks 28 & 29/03, offshore Vietnam, has today been granted. Under the terms of the farm-in agreement, signed by Mitra Energy Limited (MEL) and BHPB in January 2009, BHPB will assume a 50% participating interest in the Blocks 28 & 29/03 Production Sharing Contract (PSC). Since the [...]

Commencement of 2D seismic survey over Blocks 19 & 20, offshore Vietnam

June 17th, 2009|Vietnam|

Mitra Energy Limited (Mitra), together with partners, Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC) and Singapore Petroleum Corporation (SPC) today commenced a combined 2D seismic survey over Blocks 19 & 20, offshore Vietnam. A minimum of 4,500 line km of full-fold 2D seismic data, 3,000 line km in Block 19 and 1,500 line km in Block 20, [...]

45% equity holdings of APD

April 30th, 2009|Indonesia|

MIGAS has approved the transfer of the 45% equity holdings of APD (Biliton) Limited and Nations Petroleum (Biliton) B.V. in the Biliton PSC, Indonesia to Mitra Energy (Biliton) Pte. Ltd [Mitra]. Mitra now holds a 95% equity interest and has assumed the operatorship from APD (Biliton) Limited. The remaining 5% equity interest is held by PT [...]