Yearly Archives: 2012

/2012

Partial Assignment of Mitra Participating Interest to Talisman Block 46/07 and Block 45 Petroleum Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs), offshore Vietnam

December 3rd, 2012|Vietnam|

Mitra Energy Limited is pleased to announce that Mitra Energy Limited's subsidiary operating companies for the Block 46/07 PSC and Block 45 PSC, offshore Vietnam (collectively "Mitra"), have entered into separate farm-out agreements with subsidiary companies of Talisman International Holding B.V. (collectively "Talisman") for the partial assignment of Mitra's participating interest in the two PSCs. Under [...]

Mitra releases rig from 51-TC-1X exploration well

November 7th, 2012|Vietnam|

Mitra today released the Seadrill-owned jack-up drilling rig “West Vigilant” following the drilling of the 51-TC-1X exploration well in Block 51 PSC, Vietnam. The well reached a total depth of 3,185m MD and was plugged and abandoned as an oil and gas discovery.  Extensive post-well studies are on-going in order to evaluate the results of the [...]

Thailand Block L45/50 Farm-out Agreement 

November 6th, 2012|Thailand|

Mitra Energy Limited is pleased to announce an agreement with Pan Orient Energy (Siam) Limited (“POES”) to farm-in to Thailand Block L45/50. POES will earn up to a 60% working interest and operate, in exchange for the acquisition of approximately 80 km² of 3D seismic data in late Q1/2013 followed by the drilling of up to two [...]

Exploration well 51-TC-1X was spudded

October 9th, 2012|Vietnam|

Exploration well 51-TC-1X was spudded in Block 51, offshore Vietnam today by the partnership of the Block 51 PSC.  Mitra holds a 35% operating working interest in the PSC while the remaining interests in the PSC are held by KUFPEC (35%) and PVEP (30%). The drilling operation is being carried out by the Seadrill owned jack-up drilling [...]

Block SC 56 transfer approved

October 8th, 2012|Philippines|

The Department of Energy, Republic of the Philippines has approved the interest transfer of Block SC 56, offshore Sulu Sea. Following the transfer, Total E&P Philippines B.V. (“Total”) holds 75% interest while Mitra Energy (Philippines SC-56) Limited (“Mitra”) retains the remaining 25% interest. Mitra will initially operate the seismic works including the acquisition of 500 km² [...]

2D seismic survey in Block 127, offshore Vietnam

October 8th, 2012|Vietnam|

Earlier today, Mitra completed the acquisition of a commitment 2D seismic survey in Block 127, offshore Vietnam.  The survey, which commenced on 4th June 2012, was twice suspended owing to poor weather conditions.  A total of 4,015 full fold line km of data was acquired on behalf of Mitra by PTSC G&S using the M/V Binh [...]

Exploration well 19-TN-1X update

October 4th, 2012|Vietnam|

Exploration well 19-TN-1X was plugged and abandoned today in the Block 19 PSC, offshore Vietnam.  Mitra holds a 40% operating working interest in the PSC while the remaining interests are held by KUFPEC (40%) and SPC (20%).  The drilling operation was carried out by the jack-up drilling rig Ensco 107.

Durian Besar Deep-1 update

October 3rd, 2012|Indonesia|

The exploration well, Durian Besar Deep-1 (DBD-1), was plugged and abandoned today in the NE Natuna PSC, offshore Indonesia. The well penetrated a probable 30m gas column within the mid Terumbu limestone, some distance above the primary objective clastics of Arang and Gabus Formations. The well had to be plugged and abandoned (with the ability to [...]

Durian Besar Deep-1 exploration well spudded

September 7th, 2012|Uncategorized|

The exploration well, Durian Besar Deep-1 (DBD-1), was spudded in the NE Natuna PSC in offshore Indonesia today. The well is drilled by the Diamond Offshore-owned and operated semi-submersible drilling rig ‘Ocean General'. Its objective is to target the Arang and Gabus sandstone formations which are expected to be encountered around 3500 mSS. NOTES:  Titan Resources [...]

Exploration well, 20-MG-1X, offshore Vietnam spudded

September 2nd, 2012|Vietnam|

The exploration well, 20-MG-1X, offshore Vietnam, was spudded today by the partnership of the Block 20 PSC. Mitra holds a 40% operating working interest in the PSC, the remaining interests in the PSC are held by Kufpec (40%) and SPC (20%). The drilling operation is to be carried out by the jack-up drilling rig “Ensco 107”.